Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Texas Trip + Krave Beef Jerky - AKA The Best-Dang-Jerky Ever!

You will begin to salivate right about... 
Now.
But, we'll get back to this in a few...
 
This past weekend Peter and I made a trip out to Texas for a wedding +  spent the weekend with his family on Lake LBJ -- right outside of Austin! It was such an amazing weekend, neither of us wanted to leave!
We drove to Houston on Thursday night and then left for the Lake on Friday after lunch. This house had everything + an amazing view of the hills.
 
On Saturday we spent the day on the lake on the boat, tubing, wakeboarding [Peter did that -- NOT me...], and standup paddle boarding.



Late Friday night, Peter and I talked about waking up early on Saturday so we could take the paddle boards out... so we woke up around 7:30AM and decided to take them out for a morning ride. Now, I've paddle boarded before -- once last summer and the day before when we first got to the Lake house [on Friday].... well, 20 minutes after Peter took this picture, Morgan took a tumble.
 
Yep, my fully clothed self was frantically splashing around in the lake at 8 in the morning, as the wind started carrying my board away. All while Peter stood there laughing. Thanks Peter, 'ppreciate cha.
 
Anyway, the weekend was amazing and we had a great time! Before we left for the trip I knew it was going to be a long one[7 hours...] so I packed us a huge bag of snacks... healthy ones! ; )
 
My bag was full of tons of stuff + things I was craving when we got into the car [even though Peter complained saying all he wanted was a bag of chips the whole time.... but I digress]
 
Now we can get back to the salivation I started earlier.
 
If you like beef jerky, or turkey jerky, or pork jerky or just meat in general-- this stuff is for you.
AND this jerky is Peter approved ; )
 
Krave Jerky was awesome enough to send me over a huge, I mean huge box of their famous jerky!

I loved the quote on the box, and the box in general. Awesome.

They have so many incredible and interesting flavors that I [a super indecisive person] cannot pick a favorite flavor.

Each pack has about 90 calories per serving and has 3 servings per pack! 
When the box came in last week, Peter and my Mom begged to try some. I turned around for 2 seconds and Peter had already ripped the bag open! They didn't understand that i needed to take pictures of everything so I could post it.... and I wasn't planning on doing it yet.
But, they made me take pictures right then.
Since it was right after my workout I was super exhausted and this was the perfect refuel. AND it was so delicious I had to stop myself from eating the entire thing.
P.S. this is not all that comes in one pack... that is all I could pull away from Peter and my Mom so I could take a picture of it. I almost lost a finger. [see, Peter approved].
I think Krave has made me an official beef jerky snob. Their beef jerky has an incredible taste/texture that I have never seen with beef jerky before. It's almost like eating a steak, without all of the moisture. I loathe almost ripping a tooth out when eating beef jerky -- so this was the best. The Lemon Garlic flavor is Turkey Jerky and it is amazing -- I felt like I was eating turkey from Thanksgiving and I was totally okay with that.
 
We ate on this stuff on the way to the Lake and on the way home and it was the perfect on the road snack. Peter's favorite is definitely the Garlic Chili Pepper -- I love that one too!
But, I also love the Chili Lime, Lemon Garlic, the Basil Citrus, and the Pineapple Orange [so interestingly delicious] -- ahh I love them all!
 
If you want to join me in my Beef Jerky snobiness -- then go get yo'self some Krave, you won't regret it.

Have a fit + fantastic day y'all!


Follow Krave


*Disclaimer: The Krave Beef/Pork/Turkey Jerky products were sent to me as a promotional item for my review. I love the products anyway and was more than happy to promote them on my blog. I received no compensation and my opinions are mine and mine alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment