Monday, June 9, 2014

Paleo, Dark Chocolate, Protein Muffins

Get ready to drool.
-- with envy.  
These 6 little muffins were so amazing. Seriously -- I ain't lyin.
I am currently drooling as I write this.
 
I had a few packs of the Chocolate AboutTime Protein and I've been dying to make something fun and delicious with them.
 
These Low Cal, Paleo, Protein filled Dark Chocolate muffins were the result.
 
Plus, they were oh, so photogenic ; )  
 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Egg Whites
1/4 cup Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Almond Meal
1 TBSP Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 TSP Honey
 
*RECIPE UPDATE:
Recently I saw a recipe for sweet potato brownies and I thought they sounded amazing! I decided to try adding into this recipe to add more moisture + extra nutrients! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!
I used 3 sweet potato medallions (I buy them frozen from a local fruit stand) and I added 1/4 cup of Apple sauce to make them even more moist! The original recipe is still great -- but definitely try adding the apple sauce and sweet potatoes! You honestly cannot taste a thing!
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. 
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients -- mix well!
3. Grease a 6 count muffin tin. Place 1 large Tablespoon of mixture into each  muffin spot? Pod? Holder? (Whatever they call them!)

 
 4. Bake for 15 minutes! And then they come out looking like this... cue the singing choir. 


I almost couldn't help myself long enough to take the pictures.
They smelled delicious and so chocolaty. At this exact moment I wished I had made more because I realized there was no way I would stop myself rom eating all of them at once...
You know that feeling right before you dig into something totally delicious and you feel like you're taste buds are about to explode. This was one of those moments.
This recipe made 6 muffins all at 130 calories each! I think my favorite thing about these was how perfectly portioned they were. They were rich and filling enough that I couldn't have eaten another one if I tried... well, I'm sure I could have tried... but.... I digress.

Please don't make the same mistake I did and only make 6-- double this recipe... these things go fast. They are that good.
 
These muffins are super low in fat, calories but pretty high in protein -- which for me is the perfect meal to wake me up and keep me full through the morning until lunch. If you do not have AboutTime Chocolate Protein -- I highly suggest you get some -- I'm sure any other Chocolate Protein Powder would work! But I love using AboutTime because it is all natural ingredients -- so it keeps the recipe clean and delicious!

I realized after I made the muffins that I could have added some Unsweetened Applesauce to make them a little more moist -- definitely going to try that in the next batch I make!


 
Now... eat all the muffins.

Nutrition per Muffin:
130 Calories, 10g Carbs, 7.3g Fat, 7.5g Protein  
*Recipe makes 6 muffins
 
 
 
 
 
Have a fit + fantastic day!
 
 
 
  
 
Follow AboutTime Protein:
 
 
  
 *Disclaimer: The AboutTime products were sent to me as a promotional item for my review. I love the products anyway and was more than happy to promote them on my blog. I received no compensation and my opinions are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment