Sunday, June 8, 2014

MAY Goals Recap + JUNE Goals


May was an incredible month if I do say so myself.

At the very beginning of May I found out that I was selected as one of the 5 new Ambassadors for an amazing organization called CHAARG -- Changing Health, Attitudes + Actions to Recreate Girls -- at Louisiana State University!
I survived finals week.
My blog has given me so many opportunities that I never imagined would come from this little old thing of sharing my recipes + workouts + rants.
I've been given the opportunity to work with Skinnygirl Daily as a bi-weekly blog contributor.
And I was recently asked to do a guest post for the Visit Baton Rouge blog on June 26th!

I am beyond grateful for all of these amazing opportunities I've been able to experience and I thank God everyday for that!

I also want to give a little shout out to all my friends, family and dog for always supporting me through this! Couldn't have done it without y'all!

Well, let's get to it -- May Goals Recap here we come!

May Goals:
 
Goal #1
Stick to Paleo strictly 6 days out of the week. - Somewhat completed! At the beginning of the month I definitely slacked off with the whole being Paleo thing. But once I got settled after finals week and working 40 hours a week, I finally got back into my routine. I love the way eating Paleo makes me feel + act -- I feel lighter and happier in every way possible!

Goal #2
Practice Yoga every Sunday. - Did not complete. Okay.... so... I put this as a May Goal because it was an April Goal that was not completed. I was hoping that since I had made this a goal for this month that I would actually do it... well, no. I'm not even going to pretend that I tried. It just didn't happen. Not once. This month is a different story though. I'm demolishing this goal this month.

Goal #3
Continue to consistently lose weight. - Completed! I've never really been a "scale/numbers person" but recently I've become one. I'm not too sure my thoughts on that. I've always believed that if you look + feel good that's all that matters! My weight has remained overall stable but I feel that I look better! Even thought the scale hasn't necessarily showed that I know that I have been consistently working towards this goal. So I think that I have definitely been completing this goal!

Goal #4
Do not stoop down to other's negativity. - Completed! With all of the good things happening lately I've really tried to concentrate on being thankful + stay positive. Especially when other people try to bring you down, that's when you need to concentrate the most on staying positive + realizing that what you are doing is for you and you alone. You do not need anyone's approval but your own. Towards the end of the summer, I plan to do a post about tons of positive thinking + inspirational books I've read that have helped me see the silver lining. Stay tuned!

Goal #5
Squat 200lbs by June. - Did not complete! Well, I can do 175lbs and 185lbs but I never got around to doing 200lbs. I usually go to the gym by myself and when the Smith Machine is taken I get nervous trying to do such a large amount of weight with no spotter -- because it's not safe! Maybe I'll make Peter got with me so I can show him how girls get it done in the gym! : )

Goal #6
Be able to do 3 pull ups - unassisted. - Did not complete! The past few times I've gone to the gym I practiced doing pull ups with the weighted machine. The first time I did it I had to use about 75lbs because I was so weak and couldn't pull myself up without that much assistance. The last time I went I was able to do it with only 55lbs assistance! I would say that is definitely progress but still not completed -- YET!

Goal #7
Be able to run 8 miles again. - Did not complete! Well this is another one of those goals that just completely slipped my mind. My ultimate goal would be to be able to run 8 miles, head to the gym, do an awesome workout and then feel awesome! But... I have not trained to do an 8 mile run in a very, very long time. I'm going to get back to this -- I WILL!



Now onto my new goals for the June!

Goal #1
Workout 5 days a week. Now that school is out, I can devote tons of time to working out consistently. This month I cannot wait to participate in the CHAARG Booty Camp! Each week we will have 5 workouts, Monday - Friday, hosted on Share It Fitness. I cannot wait to start this FitPlan because it is very hard to stay on track with working out when you do it alone and are not following a plan!

Goal #2
Drink 8 ounces of water before every meal. You probably have seen this floating around the internet, but if you haven't check out Bob Harper's Skinny Rules. His #1 rule is to drink a glass (8 ounces) of water before every meal -- no excuses! I saw this a while back and immediately tried it. The difference is unbelievable. Drinking water before a meal helps to make you feel fuller faster and helps prevent you from over eating! I haven't stuck to this completely since I saw this, but this month I am striving to do this before every meal!

Goal #3
Read at least 1 chapter of my book a night. This summer is all about positive energy and doing things I haven't done in a while. The other day I bought 4 super positive + inspiring books. My goal is to read all of these by the end of the summer. This is a huge challenge for me because I usually have all of these big plans to read the books I buy, then read a few chapters and get bored with it. The past 2 weeks I've been reading a least 1 chapter of one of my books -- and I've gotta say. I am loving it. It really relaxes me before I go to sleep every night and helps me wind down from a long day + I love getting away from technology before going to sleep. Fun fact -- I read an article once that the longer you look at your computer/phone screen before going to bed, the longer it will take you to fall asleep + determines how well you sleep.

Goal #4
Run 3 days a week. Alright. So since my Half Marathon, my running has slacked off. A lot. I did my jogging class this semester but since that ended I think I have run maybe once... I plan to change that. I am going to run 3 days out of the week whether it is 0.2 miles, 3 miles or 6 -- I'm going to run!

Goal #5
Practice Yoga every Sunday. This has been a goal of mine for about 2 months now and I haven't done it yet. Well today (just before I finished up this post) I finally did it. Now I have to do it the rest of the month - since I've already done it once! This is the month I'm going to do it y'all!

Goal #6
Work on extending my blog + photographs. This summer I have already been working a ton on my food photography skills and overall extension of my blog! I have had so much support from so many people and had the opportunity to work with tons of amazing + likeminded companies to promote! This month especially is going to be full of awesome recipes, inspiration + lots of other fun exciting things... stay tuned : )

That's all for now but , before I head out I want to leave you guys with some awesome inspiration to help push you to reach your goals this month!
I love this quote. I love this quote.

So many times we try to become something we aren't in hopes that it will make us happy. The best way to be happiest you, is to be the most authentic you. Never settle for being anything less that the best you, you can be! Go fearlessly into the unknown and be awesome.




 
Have a fit + fantastic day everyone!
Stay authentic -- stay true to you!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment